Samstag, April 08, 2006

hmm...my first words!!

Look beyond…somebody said to me and ever since I have been looking beyond. Since when I was a kid always had the mind to venture into the unkown. For good or bad, my dad, my mentor had the same thoughts, so it was well gelled up thought process of the two of us that bought us to do many things.

Talking about venturing, I did so when I finished my Second PUC and decided to go on to study in Germany. Sitting here in the balcony of my Student Dorm Kitchen in a small but peaceful city of Reutlingen, approx. 23ks away from the Technological Capital of Europe. I ask myself what was that made me accept this venture. Or merely made me decide to have the thought leaving everything I have ever known and take this step into the unknown.
I know that Germany isn’t that a popular place to study when compared to the US of A or the UK especially for your Bachelors. The challenge of learning a foreign language and literally studying Chemistry in German lured me into the whole process. Which by the way is still is an every day challenge. I got out because I needed to see, see everything there is and I come here I have seen it all. I know that I just turned 19 this March but the experience of staying independantly in an Alien Land with the Alien language to add, teach you all. Trust me, for the people in the folds of their parents, whatever best education they might get will never learn the vital elements needed to live and survive. I think I have come here and see lots of downs rather than ups. These sentences dosent suggest that I am asking everybody to book the next flight to Germany or Timbuktu. But stressing the need of self learning, which you automatically are in access to once you come to a place where self help is the best help. I grew up with the notion that academics is a deal but not a big one. My folks always stressed upon figuring out things on your own, doing things by yourself, and thinking outside the box. We are surrounded with the fact that academics is everything. The ease with which people live here makes me jealous. I pray if back home we had the same attitude. Taking a break here and doing something you always wanted to do. To explore other possibilities in life. Enjoy what you are doing and just don’t do it for the heck of it. The fact that studying here or just simply living here provides so many possibilities that it easy for man to get diverted easily and don’t have a constant flow, which we as Indian fear the most. But if your stable of your thought of what you want you can make the best of your life here. Maybe me stressing on living abroad and learning soo many things is wrong I guess.
Personally I suggest don’t even dare stepping out into this world of freedom at the mere age of 18-19. It is so easy to be lured with the colorful things that one can be easily diverted. And I speak this from experience. I think the biggest false notion we have here is that 'everybody naturally assumes that studying outside India is a bed of Roses'. Welcome to the world of reality where it is not all that 'rosy' as it looks.

I totally support the concept of getting the best out of things and implementing it for a better future. But before you take this bold step as yourself one question 'Do I have the audacity to hold on'? After stepping out nothing else would then matter, what anybody says doesn’t matter but it all zeroes down to one thing …… 'YOU'!!!

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

dear nandhu,
if i may call you so your thoughts and advice is far beyond your agebut aptly said. I think the most important things for success are self motivation and no self pity.
keep up your blog and well done. your parents must be so proud of all 3 of you HATS OFF TO THEM FOR A JOB WELL DONE.
wishing you many more fun adventures.
mmm