Donnerstag, April 20, 2006

An Interview which led to the TRUTH!


Well, it’s been quiet sometime since I updated you all. So let me start.

The recent happening’s that has made me to Q about many things about self growth, my life and the drive to push to the limits was my interview with Proctar and Gamble. This was the interview for my internship which will last for a period of six months and is the part of my study curriculum. Unlike India here education is always practically based, don’t come and ask me what’s the molecular weight of Glucose (well that’s not all complicated, jus couldn’t think of anything complicated) but if you do come and ask me how to deal with my customer or how do I take part in a Product development, probably that I might answer after my internship. Well, at the end of the day doesn’t it all that matter? How much your company made? How many customers did you talk into buying your product? Well why doesn’t Indian education system realise this, at the end of the day what we all fight over is reservation system. Ooooo…I am walking away from the topic again…like always, let me come back!

So my interview with the MNC, P&G! This interview jus proved it that how people all over the world just want the best. It doesn’t matter you might have the best of scores and the best of recommendation letters from XYZ but at the end of the day if you don’t know how to sell yourself then you are doomed. Knowledge has always been there but if you don’t know how to use it what’s the point? I doubt if the Wright brothers didn’t throw in some Bamboo sticks, some fabric and aerodynamics said we are going to fly then I would think off sea sickness whenever I wanna to come home.
The interview indeed was very very long, an unbelievable 4 n 1/2 hours. Once I walked out of the building, I questioned myself damn….these people know more about me now than I ever did myself. The Questions that they asked me were so full of hidden understanding. Although it sounded like a simple Q but the relevance would be something very very deep and important. Along with the interview I had to do an hour test of logistic, maths, graphs and reading. Damn, these are serious people I thought! I suck at maths so no hopes there but to put innocent bachelor students through this process makes me stop wondering why these companies are the best and always stand out.

Well, my true passing thoughts were during the whole process, oh my god! If they could take the best out in us and make maximum use of it then why can’t we do that on our own and bring up a P&G in every street corner? Why does every graduate from the IIM’s always dream about a seven figure salary but not through his own establishment but always slaving for some MNC. There have been very few who have stood out. Probably being normal human beings, we ten to give up soon enough, coz something doesn’t happen the way we want it to happen….we call it dooms day! Me no exception. I wish everybody could say ‘I am not asking you to think that I am the best but I am telling you that I am the best’. I would sure be disappointed if I don’t get in but I think loosing me is their loss! I am sorry for them. This attitude itself can make these harsh realities so much tolerable and inspiring. Ooooonly if, all of us were thought ‘this fact’ in school or else where. Life would be bustling with soooo much more engery and optimism that we probably could see a Lakshmi Mittal and a Amartya Sen in every second kid.

Well I know I wanted to talk about something else but always end up saying something else. But then whatever it is, It is the truth, isn’t it? So the interpretations are different but understanding is always left to the one reading it. RIGHT!!!:)

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Narmada, did you get the damn Internship or not?
I have known you for 2 years now, but didn't know that you are so politically minded and so philosophical. But this is good, keep it up. Keep asking yourself questions and it will lead to a better you. We are going to have some interesting discussions in future :)
Gautam

KayGee hat gesagt…

'yahan bhi' :D

wow, u really like to squeeze a topic to the very core, don't ya? Btw the Indian education system DOES suck and there's nothing you can do about it :) Second of all, the reservation system is a valid reason to argue about - ur not in India so you don't realise what kind of ordeal we have to go thru for the already limited no. of seats...read my blog carefully, and from a resident Indian's perspective, you'll see. I'm hurt by your calling it useless :( Forget it....coming back to the topic, yeah i agree that we Indians do not get the proper grooming to excel in the corporate world, guess thats why hardly any gets globally reknowned :P Its a fight out there for top notch jobs- I guess u realised that from ur interview, but here in India, you simply get selected on your charm, happened to a lot of my friends, thats why I know, if you ain't presentable ur not worth it - no value for knowledge or intellect - ur face is ur selling point!! when will we Indians EVER learn? :D

I guess, I'll enjoy nagging you on the question of India for quite a long time - whether you like it or not :)

PS you got the internship or not?

ciao

Anonym hat gesagt…

For all reading this Article and wondering if i got the internship or not, well...i need to wait for 2 weeks to get a reply. I doubt my chances but lets hope for the best. Life seen through glass half full is more refractive than half empty.